You may be a frequent traveller, or someone whose not used to booking hotels, but there are always a few things to keep in mind when finding a hotel room…
1. Choose a hotel by location and distance. It’s easy and convenient to locate hotels on the internet and sites allow you to search by distance from your destination.
2. Star ratings are a good indication of the quality and the services you can expect a hotel to provide. Two star is basic accommodation, five star will be luxury with spas, swimming pools, a higher staff-to-guest ratio.
3. Book online. The best rates are distributed online and with so much information available its easy to find an ideal hotel at the right price in the right place.
4. Read reviews. Book recommended hotels. Comments by previous guests are a good indication and guide to follow in choosing hotels.
5. The cheapest isn’t always the best option. Its tempting to book the cheapest hotel you can find, but if you want a good experience it may be worth paying a little more.
6. Compare rates. Price comparison websites give you information at your fingertips to find bargain rates, and good value compared to other similar hotels.
7. Book with a brand name you can trust. You know what you will get when checking in because they have standardized the brand and the experience and you can book with confidence.
8. Check real time availability. Check if a hotel is busy, if its popular then its probably good.
9. See photos. Hotels will give a good impression in printed marketing and promotional material and descriptions, but a photo is worth a thousand words.
10. Find secure booking online. Look for the lock symbol in your browser when proceeding to make your booking, the site looks after and encrypts your information, keeping your details safe.